North Coal has released its 2019 Sustainability Report that discloses the company’s environmental, social, and governance performance for the Michel Coal Project. This is the first report prepared under the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards, a framework selected for its robustness in transparency and accountability. The move to GRI Standards reporting is an example of […]read more
North Coal Ltd. is moving forward again with their plans to develop the proposed Michel Coal Project. They have re-entered the Environmental Assessment (EA) process with a revised project description and with the price of metallurgical coal being favourable the opportunity is once again viable. North Star holds the coal licenses that comprise the project […]read more
- Metallic materials’ fatigue strength can now be quickly determined September 27, 2022 Valentina Ruiz Leotaud
- ESG in Mining: Turning intent into action September 27, 2022 Amanda Stutt
- Diversification is the new mining buzzword September 26, 2022 Amanda Stutt
- As sentiment turns in favour of nuclear energy, Fission Uranium preps for Q4 feasibility September 26, 2022 Northern Miner Staff
- Juniors chart cautious path through rough terrain of current markets September 26, 2022 Henry Lazenby
- As sentiment turns in favour of nuclear energy, Fission preps for Q4 feasibility September 26, 2022 Alisha Hiyate
- US markets in the dumps during Sept. 19-23 trading week September 26, 2022 Henry Lazenby
- TSX falls during Sept. 19-23 trading week September 26, 2022 Blair McBride
Elk Valley Coal Links
- Centerpoint Resources Inc. A mine exploration and development company that owns Bingay Coal.
- City of Fernie The cultural and activity centre of the Elk Valley.
- Crowsnest Pass Coal Mining Ltd. Potential for a significant underground mine operation producing high quality coking coal.
- District of Elkford Founded in 1971 as a home for miners working at Fording Coal.
- District of Sparwood Sparwood, BC is yours and mine to discover!
- Fernie.com Everything you need to know about Fernie BC.
- Grizzly Discoveries Grizzly is a Canadian exploration company exploring for gold and base metal deposits.
- Jameson Resources Ltd. Coal Mountain Coking Coal in Alexander Creek.
- Ktunaxa Nation Working together, managing our lands and resources, within a self-sufficient, self-governing Nation.
- Mining Association of British Columbia Represents the needs and interests of coal, metal, industrial mineral companies and smelters.
- North Coal Ltd. Focused on the exploration and development of the Michel Creek Coking Coal Project.
- Pacific American Coal Ltd. Identified a 257 million tonne JORC resource at its Elko Coking Coal Project
- Teck Coal Canada’s Largest Diversified Resource Company with five active Elk Valley mines.
- United Steelworkers Local 9346 The Trade Union for the hourly employees at Teck Coal Ltd. – Elkview Operations
- Wildsight Working to protect wildlife, water and wild places in Canada’s Columbia and Rocky Mountain regions.