This page contains the extensive list of the existing and proposed coal mines in the Elk Valley. You will notice several new mines in the exlporation or environmental assessment stages.
Download the Elk Valley Mining, New and Expanding PDF HERE.
- SilverCrest moves forward with Las Chispas project in Sonora August 22, 2019 Jean Lian
- TNM launches The Northern Miner Future of Mining Scholarship August 22, 2019 Northern Miner Staff
- Midland to drill for gold at Willbob in the Labrador Trough August 22, 2019 Jean Lian
- Great Bear drills more high-grade gold at Dixie August 21, 2019 Jean Lian
- Probe Metals expands gold zone at Val-d’Or East August 21, 2019 Jean Lian
- ‘Logic and law will prevail’ says Plateau CEO on Peru claims dispute August 20, 2019 Jean Lian
- The Northern Miner Podcast – episode 148: Yukon open for business, ft Silver, Downs, Macdonald, West-Sells August 20, 2019 Adrian Pocobelli
- FireFox Gold acquires property in Finland August 20, 2019 Jean Lian
Elk Valley Coal Links
- Centerpoint Resources Inc. A mine exploration and development company that owns Bingay Coal.
- City of Fernie The cultural and activity centre of the Elk Valley.
- Crowsnest Pass Coal Mining Ltd. Potential for a significant underground mine operation producing high quality coking coal.
- District of Elkford Founded in 1971 as a home for miners working at Fording Coal.
- District of Sparwood Sparwood, BC is yours and mine to discover!
- Fernie.com Everything you need to know about Fernie BC.
- Grizzly Discoveries Grizzly is a Canadian exploration company exploring for gold and base metal deposits.
- Jameson Resources Ltd. Coal Mountain Coking Coal in Alexander Creek.
- Ktunaxa Nation Working together, managing our lands and resources, within a self-sufficient, self-governing Nation.
- Mining Association of British Columbia Represents the needs and interests of coal, metal, industrial mineral companies and smelters.
- North Coal Ltd. Focused on the exploration and development of the Michel Creek Coking Coal Project.
- Pacific American Coal Ltd. Identified a 257 million tonne JORC resource at its Elko Coking Coal Project
- Teck Coal Canada’s Largest Diversified Resource Company with five active Elk Valley mines.
- United Steelworkers Local 9346 The Trade Union for the hourly employees at Teck Coal Ltd. – Elkview Operations
- Wildsight Working to protect wildlife, water and wild places in Canada’s Columbia and Rocky Mountain regions.