This page contains the extensive list of the existing and proposed coal mines in the Elk Valley. You will notice several new mines in the exlporation or environmental assessment stages.
Download the Elk Valley Mining, New and Expanding PDF HERE.
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- Metals Commentary: Chromium markets suppressed with ongoing surplus ore supply, says Roskill June 21, 2019 John Cumming
- U.S. Dept. of Commerce recommends uranium quota, Bloomberg reports June 21, 2019 Trish Saywell
- Argentina court upholds glacier protection law June 20, 2019 John Cumming
- Lucara has two-pronged growth plan, CEO Eira Thomas says June 20, 2019 Northern Miner Staff
- Integra derisks DeLamar with resource update June 19, 2019 Trish Saywell
- Ivanhoe advances ‘world’s best copper development’ at Kamoa-Kakula June 19, 2019 Northern Miner Staff
- Editorial: Global geopolitics sideswipe African uranium miners June 18, 2019 John Cumming
- Pala Investments offers $501M for Cobalt 27 June 18, 2019 Trish Saywell
Elk Valley Coal Links
- Centerpoint Resources Inc. A mine exploration and development company that owns Bingay Coal.
- City of Fernie The cultural and activity centre of the Elk Valley.
- Crowsnest Pass Coal Mining Ltd. Potential for a significant underground mine operation producing high quality coking coal.
- District of Elkford Founded in 1971 as a home for miners working at Fording Coal.
- District of Sparwood Sparwood, BC is yours and mine to discover!
- Fernie.com Everything you need to know about Fernie BC.
- Grizzly Discoveries Grizzly is a Canadian exploration company exploring for gold and base metal deposits.
- Jameson Resources Ltd. Coal Mountain Coking Coal in Alexander Creek.
- Ktunaxa Nation Working together, managing our lands and resources, within a self-sufficient, self-governing Nation.
- Mining Association of British Columbia Represents the needs and interests of coal, metal, industrial mineral companies and smelters.
- North Coal Ltd. Focused on the exploration and development of the Michel Creek Coking Coal Project.
- Pacific American Coal Ltd. Identified a 257 million tonne JORC resource at its Elko Coking Coal Project
- Teck Coal Canada’s Largest Diversified Resource Company with five active Elk Valley mines.
- United Steelworkers Local 9346 The Trade Union for the hourly employees at Teck Coal Ltd. – Elkview Operations
- Wildsight Working to protect wildlife, water and wild places in Canada’s Columbia and Rocky Mountain regions.