North Coal Ltd. is moving forward again with their plans to develop the proposed Michel Coal Project. They have re-entered the Environmental Assessment (EA) process with a revised project description and with the price of metallurgical coal being favourable the opportunity is once again viable. North Star holds the coal licenses that comprise the project […]read more
Robocop is back. No, not another reboot of the iconic 1987 half-human, half-cyborg character. The Robocop Project mine site near Roosville, B.C., is moving closer to becoming a viable option for a new mine. The Robocop property got its memorable name from Robert Klewchuk, the original property vendor, because of his love of the Robocop […]read more
- SilverCrest moves forward with Las Chispas project in Sonora August 22, 2019 Jean Lian
- TNM launches The Northern Miner Future of Mining Scholarship August 22, 2019 Northern Miner Staff
- Midland to drill for gold at Willbob in the Labrador Trough August 22, 2019 Jean Lian
- Great Bear drills more high-grade gold at Dixie August 21, 2019 Jean Lian
- Probe Metals expands gold zone at Val-d’Or East August 21, 2019 Jean Lian
- ‘Logic and law will prevail’ says Plateau CEO on Peru claims dispute August 20, 2019 Jean Lian
- The Northern Miner Podcast – episode 148: Yukon open for business, ft Silver, Downs, Macdonald, West-Sells August 20, 2019 Adrian Pocobelli
- FireFox Gold acquires property in Finland August 20, 2019 Jean Lian
Elk Valley Coal Links
- Centerpoint Resources Inc. A mine exploration and development company that owns Bingay Coal.
- City of Fernie The cultural and activity centre of the Elk Valley.
- Crowsnest Pass Coal Mining Ltd. Potential for a significant underground mine operation producing high quality coking coal.
- District of Elkford Founded in 1971 as a home for miners working at Fording Coal.
- District of Sparwood Sparwood, BC is yours and mine to discover!
- Fernie.com Everything you need to know about Fernie BC.
- Grizzly Discoveries Grizzly is a Canadian exploration company exploring for gold and base metal deposits.
- Jameson Resources Ltd. Coal Mountain Coking Coal in Alexander Creek.
- Ktunaxa Nation Working together, managing our lands and resources, within a self-sufficient, self-governing Nation.
- Mining Association of British Columbia Represents the needs and interests of coal, metal, industrial mineral companies and smelters.
- North Coal Ltd. Focused on the exploration and development of the Michel Creek Coking Coal Project.
- Pacific American Coal Ltd. Identified a 257 million tonne JORC resource at its Elko Coking Coal Project
- Teck Coal Canada’s Largest Diversified Resource Company with five active Elk Valley mines.
- United Steelworkers Local 9346 The Trade Union for the hourly employees at Teck Coal Ltd. – Elkview Operations
- Wildsight Working to protect wildlife, water and wild places in Canada’s Columbia and Rocky Mountain regions.