The metallurgical coal market is showing signs of strain from oversupply as steel production cuts bite coke sales.read more
North Coal Ltd. is moving forward again with their plans to develop the proposed Michel Coal Project. They have re-entered the Environmental Assessment (EA) process with a revised project description and with the price of metallurgical coal being favourable the opportunity is once again viable. North Star holds the coal licenses that comprise the project […]read more
- Pandemic to accelerate industry automation – report September 4, 2020 MINING.com Editor
- MINING PEOPLE: Alamos, GoldMining, KORE, Moneta Porcupine, Pretium, Nomad, World Gold Council September 4, 2020 Canadian Mining Journal Staff
- Auteco picks up the pace at Pickle Crow gold project September 4, 2020 Canadian Mining Journal Staff
- International Tower Hill looks to revive Livengood September 4, 2020 Canadian Mining Journal Staff
- Global Mining Symposium: SRK panel discusses strengths and weaknesses of feasibility studies September 4, 2020 Carl A. Williams
- Global Mining Symposium: New technologies and the mine of the future September 4, 2020 Daniel Sekulich
- ‘Dividends create a financial discipline’: Yamana’s Peter Marrone on how to run a gold company at the Global Mining Symposium September 4, 2020 Carl A. Williams
- ‘Deliver on promises’: B2Gold’s Clive Johnson on building a strong corporate culture at the Global Mining Symposium September 3, 2020 Daniel Sekulich
Elk Valley Coal Links
- Centerpoint Resources Inc. A mine exploration and development company that owns Bingay Coal.
- City of Fernie The cultural and activity centre of the Elk Valley.
- Crowsnest Pass Coal Mining Ltd. Potential for a significant underground mine operation producing high quality coking coal.
- District of Elkford Founded in 1971 as a home for miners working at Fording Coal.
- District of Sparwood Sparwood, BC is yours and mine to discover!
- Fernie.com Everything you need to know about Fernie BC.
- Grizzly Discoveries Grizzly is a Canadian exploration company exploring for gold and base metal deposits.
- Jameson Resources Ltd. Coal Mountain Coking Coal in Alexander Creek.
- Ktunaxa Nation Working together, managing our lands and resources, within a self-sufficient, self-governing Nation.
- Mining Association of British Columbia Represents the needs and interests of coal, metal, industrial mineral companies and smelters.
- North Coal Ltd. Focused on the exploration and development of the Michel Creek Coking Coal Project.
- Pacific American Coal Ltd. Identified a 257 million tonne JORC resource at its Elko Coking Coal Project
- Teck Coal Canada’s Largest Diversified Resource Company with five active Elk Valley mines.
- United Steelworkers Local 9346 The Trade Union for the hourly employees at Teck Coal Ltd. – Elkview Operations
- Wildsight Working to protect wildlife, water and wild places in Canada’s Columbia and Rocky Mountain regions.