Heavy Duty Mechanic Job
Teck Coal has posted a Heavy Duty Mechanic job in Sparwood.
The position for Heavy Duty Mechanic is posted as follows:
Location: Sparwood, BC, CA
Closing Date: March 31, 2018
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor.
– Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
– Diagnose, maintain and repair of mobile mining equipment including haulage trucks, graders, bulldozers, excavators, shovels, loaders and other heavy equipment.
– Maintenance and repairs may include: engines, transmissions, cooling systems, air systems, fuel and exhaust systems, clutch and differentials, brakes and tires, hydraulic and electrical systems and lubrication systems
– Valid Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyperson’s Heavy Duty Mechanic or Heavy Duty Technician Qualification
– Valid driver’s license
– Strong interpersonal skills
– Ability to work independently or as part of a team
– Previous mining experience is an asset
TEck offers the chance to live and work in the Rocky Mountains, where year round recreational activities such as hunting, fishing, skiing, snowmobiling and biking are unlimited! Tradespeople work an attractive 4 days on 4 days off shift schedule, allowing for plenty of work/life balance. Add to this, challenging work assignments and excellent opportunities for career and professional growth with Canada’s largest diversified resource company and we think you’ll find what you’re looking for.
Permanent full-time tradespeople are offered a competitive compensation package that includes:
– Comprehensive Benefits Plan
– Pension Plan
– Two Annual Bonus Plans
– Trades Retention Bonus
– Relocation Assistance
– Employee Share Purchase Plan
At Teck, they value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
They wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.