Teck to Spin Off Steelmaking Coal Business to Shareholders
The separation creates two world-class, independent companies: Teck Metals and Elk Valley Resourcesread more
- Copper price rises despite weak Chinese demand February 21, 2023 MINING.COM Staff Writer
- Rio Tinto partners with BMW for low-carbon aluminum supply February 21, 2023 Cecilia Jamasmie
- Sheep Creek deposit’s rare earth samples exceed highest grades in US February 21, 2023 Amanda Stutt
- Perovskites may soon beat silicon’s efficiency in solar cells February 21, 2023 Valentina Ruiz Leotaud
The Northern Miner
- Clean nickel or cheap nickel? You can’t have both February 21, 2023 Blair McBride
- Video: Equity Metals adds ounces at Silver Queen in BC February 21, 2023 Blair McBride
- Teck Resources becomes Teck Metals as it spins off coal unit February 21, 2023 Cecilia Jamasmie
- Sibanye-Stillwater goes after Australia’s New Century Resources February 21, 2023 Cecilia Jamasmie
Elk Valley Coal Links
- Centerpoint Resources Inc. A mine exploration and development company that owns Bingay Coal.
- City of Fernie The cultural and activity centre of the Elk Valley.
- Crowsnest Pass Coal Mining Ltd. Potential for a significant underground mine operation producing high quality coking coal.
- District of Elkford Founded in 1971 as a home for miners working at Fording Coal.
- District of Sparwood Sparwood, BC is yours and mine to discover!
- Fernie.com Everything you need to know about Fernie BC.
- Grizzly Discoveries Grizzly is a Canadian exploration company exploring for gold and base metal deposits.
- Jameson Resources Ltd. Coal Mountain Coking Coal in Alexander Creek.
- Ktunaxa Nation Working together, managing our lands and resources, within a self-sufficient, self-governing Nation.
- Mining Association of British Columbia Represents the needs and interests of coal, metal, industrial mineral companies and smelters.
- North Coal Ltd. Focused on the exploration and development of the Michel Creek Coking Coal Project.
- Pacific American Coal Ltd. Identified a 257 million tonne JORC resource at its Elko Coking Coal Project
- Teck Coal Canada’s Largest Diversified Resource Company with five active Elk Valley mines.
- United Steelworkers Local 9346 The Trade Union for the hourly employees at Teck Coal Ltd. – Elkview Operations
- Wildsight Working to protect wildlife, water and wild places in Canada’s Columbia and Rocky Mountain regions.